Luke's Eyes, by Ellen O'Connell

When I got an advanced copy of Ellen O'Connell's latest novella

I don't know what the protocol is for reviewing books that haven't been published yet so I'm going to err on the side of caution and keep this brief.

This novella is based on characters from Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold - specifically Cord's nephew, Luke. I, of course, LOVED getting to spend more time with Cord and Anne who make a few appearances in this - I think I fell in love with them even more!

However, on the flip side of that, this was Luke's story and the focus, particularly at the end probably should have been on him rather than them. This story probably wouldn't work as well as a stand alone and I think O'Connell is definitely "catering" to her Anne/Cord audience. Don't get me wrong. I don't mind, but I am also trying to be impartial.

Still a really enjoyable story, but similarly to her other follow-ups/sequels, its always good to make sure you are well aquatinted with the family tree in the preceding story to help keep all the characters straight. Perhaps its just me, but I seem to have trouble keeping all the cousins, aunts, uncles, etc straight.