Perfection, by RL Mathewson

Perfection: A Neighbor From Hell Novel - R.L. Mathewson

The second book of the Neighbor from Hell Series. While not as good as the first book, Playing for Keeps, it was average - it had it's enjoyable moments but it was not particularly strong or memorable in any way.

A lot of the humor in Playing for Keeps revolved around this weird food obsession among all of the men in the Branford family. And while it was funny in PFK, using it so much in this one began to feel a bit tired. It was also the only main joke throughout the entire book. There needed to be something else. It felt a little lazy to continue relying on this one theme.

Another reason I did not enjoy this one as much as the first was because Trevor Bradford was not as likable as Jason. Like Jason he was supposed to be an arrogant, selfish jerk, but he lacked the warmth that made Jason a sympathetic character despite that.

Jason, Haley and some of the other Bradfords actually play a significant role in this book and I liked getting to "visit" with them again, especially Jason's dad Jesse who was a character I really enjoyed, but who had only had a small part in PFK.

One stronger aspect of this one from PFK was the pacing. It was more even throughout than the first, which was good, but not enough to save this one.