Lord of Vengeance - Tina St. John,  Lara Adrian Ok, I haven't finished yet so I may have an update later but these are my thoughts so far.

My perpetual hang-up when it comes to the "romance" genre comes into play yet again. I have a real problem when the hero/heroine fall for each other based on nothing else besides physical attraction –unfortunately many romances are like this and they just aren’t to my taste so this probably wasn’t the right book for me. Despite this, I’m still going to give me break down of the book.

There is a big difference between the personality/character of Gunnar as presented to the reader and to Raina. Gunnar is verbally, and even a teeny bit physically, abusive to Raina and despite that, because she is physically attracted to him, she starts to fall in love with him. While the reader can see that he is a tortured soul and is granted some reasoning behind his words and actions, Raina just sees the abusive man that has sworn to kill her father, but all of that takes a backseat to that fact that he is good looking. And all of this completely ruins their relationship for me because it feels false.

In addition, the only character I actually like is a secondary character, Alaric. He's the only character that I believe. Everyone else seems to lack a consistency in their personalities.

UPDATE:
The ending got a little better so I'm giving it a 2 rather than a 1. Again, I think this just wasn't the right book for me.