Findley's Lass - Suzan Tisdale I never learn. Just because I liked one book by an author, does not mean that I will like all of their books. Which is exactly what happened here. Frankly the premise of this book didn't interest me in the first place, but I figured that because I loved Laiden's Daughter I would love this. Wrong.

As I said the premise didn't interest me, largely because it was based on love at first sight. Which I don't believe in. Lust at first sight, absolutely. But I don't think you can love someone without knowing their personality. And because of that, I thought Findley was crazy to be running after this woman, and even crazier to think himself in love with her when was proving herself to be a bit shrewish. I'm not saying that her actions weren't justifiable given the circumstances, but they were hardly ones that would endear a person to her. So in the beginning I found Findley crazy for thinking he loved Maggy and Maggy hard to tolerate, let alone like. And on top of that Findley had apparently built up in his head what he though Maggy would be like and it was the complete opposite to what she turned out to be, so I couldn't understand why he loved her.

There were two historical inaccurecies that bothered me. This first point might not seem important, but it stuck with me. How would a peasant woman in 14th century Scotland know about Greek mythology? Three times Maggy damned someone to Hades and all I could think was how she would even know about Hades. She was raised as a farmer's daughter, married and earl and then became a peasant and I can't imagine anywhere in there that she would have learned about the Greeks. Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? Probably not.

Second, and this was referenced but never actually explained, but how would a farmer's daughter marry an Earl? She had no money, no land, and no title and she was allowed to marry an Earl!? There would have to be some pretty extraordinary circumstances for a member of the nobility (with connections to the King) to marry someone considered so far below him. I suppose you can ask then why I had no problem with Findley and Maggie being able to end up together - her being a Lady and him just a warrior - but I suppose I can always make the excuses at the end so that the H and h are able to get their HEA. Hypocritical of me? Absolutely.

The latter half of the book got better, which I why I gave this a 2 rather and a 1. By then, IMO, there was some basis for Findley and Maggy's feelings for each other and the author started to infuse the story with some of the humor that I loved in Laiden's Daughter. I think the Epilogue was my favorite part of the entire book.

There were a number of grammatical errors - whether due to editing or Kindle, I don't know - but I noticed a number of words missing in sentences and, less frequently, missing letters and extra words. I haven't noticed anyone else comment on this though, so maybe its just my Kindle. But it happened at least a dozen times.